Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

New(er) Band You Need to Know: Yuck

When an album cover matches the band name perfectly...on a few levels.
Once again I'm a little late to the party and reviewing an album that came out a few months ago. I remind you, I don't care and I'll post what I want to post about.

I'm just playin around but although this came out earlier in the year I still wanna make mention of it since it is one of my favorites of 2011 so far. It's funny because I kept reading reviews about Yuck and people talking about how good it is and how it reminds them of 90's rock and yada yada yada. The only reason I'm even posting about this is because it came free with my subscription to Under the Radar magazine. Let's just say it's fate they didn't send me something else.

So now am I going to tell you how awesome this album is? Am I going to tell you how much you should check them out? Am I going to go into detail about how they have this uncanny 90's rock sound? Nope. I didn't listen to anyone else so why would you listen to me?

I will tell you the 5 member group is from London and this self-titled album released in February on Fat Possum is their debut. I will also tell you that they shouldn't even remember 90's rock since they were barely alive.

If you've read this far hopefully you are at least a little intrigued so I'll let the music speak for itself. Below you'll find some auditory bliss. A couple you might want to bust out your old favorite Nirvana t-shirt and flannel combo. The others will bring the lighter side so feel free to bring back your wannabe Adam Duritz dreads....not that I am comparing them to Counting Crows, quit reading into this so much.

90's rocker "Holing Out" (Video is NSFW - and a little creepy)

A little more mellow, "Shook Down" (also NSFW...these UK boys love their nudity in videos)

And one more rocker, "Operation" (this time you can stare at the creepy album cover while you listen)

No comments:

Post a Comment