Search This Blog

Friday, December 30, 2011

Top Albums of 2011 Part 1 (26-50)

2011 was a pretty phenomenal year for music. There were new releases by many of my favorite bands as well as a plethora of new bands I was introduced to. My move to Austin earlier in the year definitely helped facilitate this added accessibility to my ear holes. This year has been a wild ride and a tough one to judge. Trimming my list down to a mere 50 albums was exhausting and surprising! I kept finding albums I was sure would be in or around my top 10 down in the 20's and even 30's. There has been non-stop tinkering so I'm sure there will be more changes to my top 25 before I post that tomorrow.

And away we go! Let's start with the "also received votes" list of albums I really dug this year yet couldn't find room in the top 50. (and in no particular order)

Honorable Mention:
The Vaccines - What Did You Expect From the Vaccines?
The Naked & Famous - Passive Me, Aggressive You
Childish Gambino - Camp
The Weeknd - Thursday/House of Balloons
Smith Westerns - Dye It Blonde
Grouplove - Never Trust A Happy Song
Cold War Kids - Mine Is Yours
Zubatto Syndicate - Zubatto Syndicate
Beastie Boys - Hot Sauce Committee Pt. 2
Givers - In Light
Young Galaxy - Shapeshifting
Justice - Audio Video Disco
Stephen Malkmus & the Jicks - Mirror Traffic
The Cool Kids - When Fish Ride Bicycles
Black Joe Lewis & the Honeybears - Scandalous
Young the Giant - Young the Giant
Radiohead - King of Limbs
The Joy Formidable - The Big Roar
Gardens & Villa - Gardens & Villa
Toro Y moi - Underneath the Pine
Handsome Furs - Sound Kapital

My Top 50 Albums of 2011 (26-50)
50) Dad Rocks! - Mount Modern
49) Cults - Cults
48) SBTRKT - SBTRKT
47) Wye Oak - Civilian
46) Other Lives - Tamer Animals
45) Anonymous - To My Long Lost Love
44) The Roots - Undun
43) St. Vincent - Strange Mercy
42) Seryn - This Is Where We Are
41) Adele - 21
40) Nerves Junior - As Bright As Your Night Light
39) Blitzen Trapper - American Goldwing
38) The Middle East - I Want That You Are Always Happy
37) Mayer Hawthorne - How Do You Do
36) Dale Earnhardt Jr Jr - It's A Corporate World
35) The Strokes - Angles
34) Kanye & Jay-Z (The Throne) - Watch the Throne
33) James Blake - James Blake
32) Dawes - Nothing Is Wrong
31) Neon Indian - Era Extrana
30) Metronomy - English Riviera
29) Atlas Sound - Parallax
28) Washed Out - Within Without
27) Hooray for Earth - True Loves
26) Death Cab for Cutie - Codes & Keys

No comments:

Post a Comment