Search This Blog

Thursday, February 9, 2012

EP Review: Au Dunes - 73's & 88's


I honestly don't know much about Au Dunes, despite my attempts at researching them via The Google. The only reason I am aware of them and their solid EP 73's & 88's is once again because of Robin Pecknold (Fleet Foxes) mentioning them. 88's was actually released in June of 2011 but since I just found out about it, and am guessing not too many others know them, I wanted to drop a note it.

Au Dunes bring something to the table that is full of low-fi, garagey, 70's fuzz rockedness. A more recent comparison that instantly comes to mind is War On Drugs, but sans the obvious Dylan, Petty, and Springsteen vibeage. Take those away and add some extra fuzziness and you find Au Dunes. I'm hoping for more from these guys cause I dig what I'm hearing. Plus, I swear "Child Dust" would fit perfectly in just about any Quentin Terantino movie....

You can stream the 4 song EP and even download it for free on their Bandcamp. Do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment