Search This Blog

Monday, March 12, 2012

C2C - Down the Road EP


C2C, formerly known as Coups2Cross, is a French turntable foursome that has been DJing for the better part of a decade. They just released their debut EP Down The Road and it's an interesting combo of bluesy tunes turned electronic...maybe even dubstep? When I first heard the title track as the "Jam of the Day" from someone that was following me and I check out their profile, I was instantly hooked. The aforementioned bluesiness was the instant attraction and then the added scratching that reminded me of 80's/90's rap was the clincher. Down The Road has a different feel to it than a lot of music out there with in the electronic world. I'm now a fan.

Check out the track that hooked me, "Down The Road," below...


No comments:

Post a Comment