Search This Blog

Thursday, January 19, 2012

J. Nolan x Reese Jones - The Archetype EP


Not gonna lie but I don't listen to much hip hop these days. Not because I don't want to or try, but because nothing has really stood out for me. Earlier this week, the We Listen For You blog caught my attention with the crazy sick track "Tonight's the Night" off the J. Nolan x Reese EP The Archetype, released on 1/16. This 22 yr old out of ATL just dropped the best hip hop I've heard in a while.

WLFY hit it on the head with their comparison to old school Tribe Called Quest with smooth and relentless rhymes over jazzy hooks. Speaking of jazzy hooks, the EP closer "Lost in the Abyss" sounds like the rhymes are cruising over a Destroyer sample....right?

Definitely check this EP if you even remotely dig hip hop. You can listen to and download The Archetype for free over at the Bandcamp site. You can also hear and check out their review for "Tonight's the Night" over at WLFY.

Below, my favorite "Lost In the Abyss"


No comments:

Post a Comment