Search This Blog

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Porcelain Raft - Strange Weekend


Porcelain Raft is the sleepy indie pop solo project of Mauro Remiddi, formerly of Sunny Day Sets Fire. It's not too often that we get such a solid entry into this genre's arena from someone in their late 30's but Remiddi has done just that. After previously releasing 3 EPs under Porcelain Raft, that you can check out on his Bandcamp site, Remiddi just dropped his debut LP Strange Weekend this past Tuesday.

Earlier in the week before Weekend was released I was reading some buzz about this album and remembered hearing a song from one of the previous EPs that I was into. Yesterday, I decided to scoop it up and am glad I did. The dreamy fuzz-chill-pop Remiddi has sculpted is another solid addition to this young 2012. After a few listens the closest comparison I can think of would be the love child of Washed Out and Beach House. Specific songs like closer "The Way In" really bring to mind the mellower side of these artisits. There is also an element to this song that I cannot put my finger on but want to say something or someone from 20-30 years ago. If you hear it too and know what it is please comment below because it's been driving me nuts since I 1st heard it.

Below is a preview for you with the video for "Unless You Speak From Your Heart."


No comments:

Post a Comment